Thank you Stringline Productions for creating this video.
We have two awards that were given to two students for their exceptional artwork on behalf of the American Association of University Women. Here are their remarks on how they chose the artwork:
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. The selection of the AAUW awards was made by four members: an artist, an arts educator, an art historian, and an arts advocate. These awards were selected using the criteria of composition, craftsmanship, process, and expressive qualities. All of the high school student’s submissions were high quality and impressive. The AAUW judges seriously considered the entire exhibition in determining the winners by mutual agreement.
We are grateful to the area high school Art educators for their guidance and expertise and to the Paramount for continuing to be a strong supporter for the Arts through education and community support.
AAUW 2-D Award Winner $300
- Minerva, Ellise Fedor, Sauk Rapids High School
AAUW 3-D Award Winner $300
- Becoming Beautiful, Jolea Osborne, Elk High School
Paramount Center for the Arts High School Juried Arts Exhibition
- Grand Prize $500: Fruit Loops, Hannah Nelson, Zimmerman
2D Award Winners
- 1st $400: Echo, Ella Ovall, Elk River High School
- 2nd $300: FRaNK, Erin Yager, Monticello
- 3rd $200: One Dream, Abigale Larson, Zimmerman
- 4th $100: VD, Ashley Nordquist, Tech
- Honorable Mention $50:Spiral Bound, Abigail Molldrem, Annandale
3D Award Winners
- 1st $400:Blue Iris, Eli Bicek, Elk River
- 2nd $300: Spirit Bear Paw, John Humphreys, Monticello
- 3rd $200: Becoming Beautiful, Jolea Osborne, Elk River
- 4th $100: Sunflower Sickness, Brooke Thole, Big Lake
- Honorable Mention $50: Remembrance Poppies, Katrina Green, Tech
Congratulations to all of the students
who participated in this exhibit!
The Paramount Center for the Arts is pleased to present,
for the first time ever, a virtual tour
of the High School Juried Art Exhibition!
How to Navigate:
- Click the “play” icon on the image below to start the tour
- There are multiple icons that one will need to click on in order to move throughout the gallery and to see artworks upclose.
- There’s an “image” icon, that will give you an up close picture of the artwork along with descriptions.
- The “arrows” will navigate you through the exhibit and exit to different parts of the gallery.
- The “i” icons will allow a closer image of the area of the gallery.
- Pro Tip – Works best on a phone/mobile device or with a computer mouse to navigate.
Student Award Announcement Video Here!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and Governor Walz’ Stay at Home order, we are bringing both the Paramount Center for the Arts and the exhibition to you in your homes. This exhibit is supported by a project grant through the Central Minnesota Arts Board. The exhibition includes 19 Central Minnesota area schools and presents 75 pieces of art created by some of the finest high school student artists across the region. This work is shown in the Paramount Theatre Lobby and the Gallery St. Germain.
The exhibit was juried by Minneapolis based artist, Leslie Barlow, who selected awards from Honorable Mention to Best in Show in both 2D and 3D. The American Association of University Women (AAUW) awardees in both 2D and 3D will also be named at that time.
The Paramount Center for the Arts would like to thank our sponsors, AAUW, Zygoatian LLC., St. Cloud Friends of the MIA, CMAB, and Paul and Jennifer Harris for their generous support in creating this virtual exhibit and for supporting young artists across Central Minnesota.
Please enjoy the wonder and beauty of these pieces and share them with others.