Thank you Stringline Productions for creating this video.
We have two awards that were given to two students for their exceptional artwork on behalf of the American Association of University Women. Here are their remarks on how they chose the artwork:
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. The selection of the AAUW awards was made by four members: an artist, an arts educator, an art historian, and an arts advocate. These awards were selected using the criteria of composition, craftsmanship, process, and expressive qualities. All of the high school student’s submissions were high quality and impressive. The AAUW judges seriously considered the entire exhibition in determining the winners by mutual agreement.
We are grateful to the area high school Art educators for their guidance and expertise and to the Paramount for continuing to be a strong supporter for the Arts through education and community support.
AAUW 2-D Award Winner $300
- Minerva, Ellise Fedor, Sauk Rapids High School
AAUW 3-D Award Winner $300
- Becoming Beautiful, Jolea Osborne, Elk High School
Paramount Center for the Arts High School Juried Arts Exhibition
- Grand Prize $500: Fruit Loops, Hannah Nelson, Zimmerman
2D Award Winners
- 1st $400: Echo, Ella Ovall, Elk River High School
- 2nd $300: FRaNK, Erin Yager, Monticello
- 3rd $200: One Dream, Abigale Larson, Zimmerman
- 4th $100: VD, Ashley Nordquist, Tech
- Honorable Mention $50:Spiral Bound, Abigail Molldrem, Annandale
3D Award Winners
- 1st $400:Blue Iris, Eli Bicek, Elk River
- 2nd $300: Spirit Bear Paw, John Humphreys, Monticello
- 3rd $200: Becoming Beautiful, Jolea Osborne, Elk River
- 4th $100: Sunflower Sickness, Brooke Thole, Big Lake
- Honorable Mention $50: Remembrance Poppies, Katrina Green, Tech
Congratulations to all of the students
who participated in this exhibit!