The Paramount Center for the Arts is a multidisciplinary community arts facility located in Historic Downtown St. Cloud, Minnesota. The facility is owned by the City of St. Cloud and operated by the Paramount Center for the Arts (a 501c3 non-profit organization).
- The renovated 800 seat historic Theatre (built in 1921) serves as a stage for rent by numerous community groups to perform as well as a venue for professional performances.
- The Visual Arts Studios (VAS), located in the lower level of the building, offers visual arts classes in pottery and handbuilding, drawing, watercolor, acrylic, and oil painting, stained and fused glass, woodturning and woodworking, fiber arts, jewelry, and much more for beginning and experienced artists in the community. The VAS also offers professional development opportunities for artists, educators and businesses in the Central Minnesota region.
- Gallery St. Germain, Studio C and the Paramount Lobby offer exhibition opportunities and provide exposure for local, national and international artists.
- The Paramount Gallery and Gifts, located next door to the Theatre, provides an opportunity for 60 local and regional artists to sell their work, ranging from pottery, paintings, stained glass, mosaics, cards, jewelry, mixed media and much more!
- The facility has many spaces for rent including the visual arts studios, the theatre and exhibition/gallery space.
The mission of the Paramount Center for the Arts is to provide opportunities for artistic production, creative exploration, arts education and the enjoyment of arts and entertainment.
Our vision is that all art will change people.
The Paramount Center for the Arts will inspire through artistic excellence, transform through exploration of many different art forms, and connect one resident to another as citizen artists, who together, generate a positive impact on the culture and economy of the region.
The values of the Paramount Center for the Arts, embraced by all associated staff and volunteers, contemplate ongoing excellence in presentations as well as customer engagement and service.
*Integrity – We will earn and maintain trust with all constituencies
*Diversity – We will present a variety of offerings and encourage participants and patrons of every background and culture
*Quality – We will seek the highest standards of artistic endeavors and employee work ethic
*Respect – We will consider and regard the views, ideas, and opinions of all in our deliberations
*Access – We will welcome all people to be part of our Paramount Center for the Arts community
*Innovation – We will explore creative and forward-thinking solutions as issues arise and present compelling and thoughtful programming in arts and entertainment
*Citizenship – We will participate fully in the larger community of Central Minnesota through our impact on the economy and desire to support artists in their careers.