The Paramount Center for the Arts is pleased to present,
for the first time ever, a virtual tour
of the High School Juried Art Exhibition!
How to Navigate:
- Click the “play” icon on the image below to start the tour
- There are multiple icons that one will need to click on in order to move throughout the gallery and to see artworks upclose.
- There’s an “image” icon, that will give you an up close picture of the artwork along with descriptions.
- The “arrows” will navigate you through the exhibit and exit to different parts of the gallery.
- The “i” icons will allow a closer image of the area of the gallery.
- Pro Tip – Works best on a phone/mobile device or with a computer mouse to navigate.
Student Award Announcement Video Here!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and Governor Walz’ Stay at Home order, we are bringing both the Paramount Center for the Arts and the exhibition to you in your homes. This exhibit is supported by a project grant through the Central Minnesota Arts Board. The exhibition includes 19 Central Minnesota area schools and presents 75 pieces of art created by some of the finest high school student artists across the region. This work is shown in the Paramount Theatre Lobby and the Gallery St. Germain.
The exhibit was juried by Minneapolis based artist, Leslie Barlow, who selected awards from Honorable Mention to Best in Show in both 2D and 3D. The American Association of University Women (AAUW) awardees in both 2D and 3D will also be named at that time.
The Paramount Center for the Arts would like to thank our sponsors, AAUW, Zygoatian LLC., St. Cloud Friends of the MIA, CMAB, and Paul and Jennifer Harris for their generous support in creating this virtual exhibit and for supporting young artists across Central Minnesota.
Please enjoy the wonder and beauty of these pieces and share them with others.
We have several different gallery spaces available to artists:
GALLERY ST. GERMAIN
Located across the street from the Paramount in the Regency Building at 912 West St. Germain in downtown St. Cloud. Gallery St. Germain is graciously funded through a two-year McKnight Foundation Grant, allowing the Paramount to operate this beautiful auxiliary exhibition space. Gallery St Germain features Minnesota artists who demonstrate a high level of professional achievement and exhibitions that are engaging to Central Minnesota.
Wednesday – Friday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
About The McKnight Foundation
The McKnight Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life for present and future generations through grantmaking, collaboration, and encouragement of strategic policy reform. In 2012, the Minnesota-based family foundation had assets of approximately $2 billion and granted about $85 million. Of that total, about 10% went to support an environment in which artists are valued leaders in our community, with access to the resources and opportunities they need to succeed.
PARAMOUNT THEATRE LOBBY
Located in the historic Paramount Theatre Lobby, this exhibition space was created as part of the 1998 renovation.
PARAMOUNT STUDIO C
Located in the Lower-Level Visual Arts Studios, Studio C is a multi-functional room and exhibition space for both 2D and 3D work.
If you are interested in information about exhibiting at any one of our gallery spaces, please email to our Exhibitions Coordinator, Laura Ruprecht at email@example.com with the following information:
- 10-15 images in jpg format between 1-2mb each.
- An image list (in excel format) with title, date, medium, price and a short description (of each piece) no longer than 40-50 words.
- A curriculum vitae or resume with contact information.
- An artist statement about the work.
- Information about the process or techniques used if not readily apparent.
- Our selection process consists of advisory committee members from the Paramount that meet twice a year to determine upcoming exhibitions.