AWARD CEREMONY VIDEO
List of 2022 Award Winners
View Online Exhibition Submissions Below
The Paramount Center for the Arts is excited to host the 2022 Juried Show, launching in March 2022! Due to continued community concerns around COVID, we have decided the safest and best way to feature student work this year is with a dynamic virtual show.
The Paramount and its sponsors are committed to hosting a meaningful experience that showcases student work from across Central Minnesota. This program is designed to complement the wonderful work of area teachers by providing students with the opportunity to visualize themselves as artists, explore ways to talk about their work, and to participate in an arts-based experience among peers. As we pivot to an online gallery exhibit, staff will be adding the following features to the 2022 show:
- Two People’s Choice Awards will be added to the program, in which we will invite community members to vote for their favorite artwork online.
- PCA will host interviews with category winners – recording their acceptance speech after the virtual reception to share virtually. In addition, they will be invited to participate in an exhibition August 2022 in Gallery Saint Germain at the Paramount.
- A drawing for a $300 certificate for framing will be offered to a participating school’s art department.
As a teacher – you make this work possible. And would like to thank you for continuing to collaborate with the Paramount annually; ensuring that the arts are alive and thriving in our communities.
Michelle Kiley, Paramount Curator
More than 30 area high schools, located within a 35-mile radius of the Paramount Center for the Arts, are invited to participate in the Juried Show: generally featuring the work of about 100 students annually.
Tue, Feb 8 Online Submissions Open
Tue, Mar 15 Submissions Due (form closes at 11:59PM)
Tue, Mar 29 Online Gallery of Student Work Opens
Tue, Mar 29 – Apr 12 Community Votes for People’s Choice Award (voting is now closed)
Tue, Apr 26 at 7PM Online Awards Ceremony (pre-recorded)
KEY PROGRAM LINKS
Best in Show (Grand Prize) $500
First Place (2D & 3D) $400 ea.
Second Place (2D & 3D) $300 ea.
Third Place (2D & 3D) $200 ea.
Fourth Place (2D & 3D) $100 ea.
Honorable Mention $50 ea.
People’s Choice (2D & 3D) $100 Gift Card to the Paramount
AAUW Award (2D & 3D) $250 ea.
Art Department Drawing $300 Framing/Art Supply Store
One form should be submitted for each piece of artwork entering the show.
Students are invited to provide up to two, unedited images of their work. With a virtual show, this will be the only opportunity for the jurors to view each piece. We encourage submissions to be high resolution. We encourage students to be mindful of 2D work under glass – reducing glare when/if possible.
PROGRAM PERMISSIONS & RULES
All are welcome. This show is open to all students, grades 9-12, regardless of gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion, or sexual orientation.
Students acknowledge that their entry is an original concept and design created within the past 18 months and has NOT been awarded a prize in a previous Juried High School Art Competition at the Paramount.
By entering the show, students grant The Paramount Center for the Arts permission to reproduce images of their work for publications pertaining to this show.
The Paramount Center for the Arts is authorized to publish the names of students and participating schools. Recognizing that PCA will NOT release personal contact information for any artist without consent.
A maximum of 10 pieces can be submitted from each participating high school.
As in previous years, PCA invites each school to determine how to best facilitate a selection process among art students interested in entering work for the Juried Show. Of course, we encourage this to be an extension of the Juried Show experience. How you choose to engage your student body and/or community in the selection process is up to you.
There is no fee to enter and no commission due back to the Paramount Center for the Arts for any sales of the High School Art Show works.
We courage schools to share information about the virtual exhibit/online gallery, award opportunities and viewing of the awards ceremony safely in your community, among family, and with friends.
- Help us launch the show when it opens on Tuesday, March 29.
- Share student participation stories through school newsletters, blogs and/or the local paper.
- Place student names and images of the artwork selected for the show on school monitors.
- Make an announcement during homeroom.
- Invite the class or student body to vote for their favorite artwork online (People’s Choice).
- Host a small party on Tuesday, April 26th at 7PM when PCA announces the category winners.
- Reserve a space at the school (lounge or theatre) to stream the event.
- Invite participants to talk about their experience in the school’s arts program, art club (if applicable), etc.
- Encourage category winners to share a mini acceptance speech.
- Consider wrapping this experience into ways the school raises funds for its art programs or clubs.
- Create a pop-up gallery during special concerts or events to showcase the student’s work for the evening (e.g., play, band concert or sporting event).
- Identify a longer-term site at the school to exhibit the artwork selected for the show.
- Collaborate with a local business(es) to place the student’s work for the month of April.
Feel free to contact the Paramount (email@example.com) should you or a student need any of the following:
- Have general questions about the program.
- Need additional assistance with our online platform.
- Support capturing or submitting a high-quality image(s) of the work.
- Would like to request a printed copy of the form to be mailed.