Friday from 4-8 PM
Under the St. Cloud Chamber, the Downtown Alliance is continuing the tradition of the Downtown Council by coordinating annual art experiences – supported by business owners and volunteers. Each year, the downtown comes alive with additional opportunities to connect to local and regional artists interested in selling their work and sharing stories during these special events.
As one of the largest dedicated gallery spaces in the area, the Paramount features the work of Minnesota artists throughout the year by hosting one and two month exhibitions (learn more about upcoming shows here). During the art crawls, we support exhibition artists and those that teach classes for both youth and adult learners throughout the year; in our fully equipped visual arts classrooms (lower level).
Here is what to expect!
Did we mention it is a big celebration centered around the arts; where the community is invited to visit business owners, meet with artists, and connect with neighbors, family and friends. You may see demonstrations, hear music, visit with exhibitors, browse work available for purchase and much more.
At the Paramount: Friday, October 20, 2023
Both the main floor galleries, retail store and lower level visual arts studios will be open throughout the night. Explore handmade, original artwork, meet with artists and engage in fun on site activities throughout the night. We will also have tables and light refreshments available to connect with others in the space. Download a PDF flyer of the Paramount events.
- Main Level
- Shop in our Gift Gallery featuring the work of more than 80 Minnesota artists.
- Kenneth Ferber, Ceramist and Potter [Meet the Exhibiting Artist – Gallery Saint Germain with Artist Talk at 6PM]
- Kary Janousek, Photographer [Meet the Artist – Lobby Gallery and Demonstrations – Granite Lobby]
- Jasmyn Linn, Printmaking [Granite Lobby]
- Central MN Watercolorists (CMW) from Arlette Twedt and Becky Lee [Ongoing Demonstrations and Art Booth/Sales – Marquee Lobby]
- Lower Level Activities
- Sunny Savard, Live Guitar Music [Lower Level, Entrance from 4-6PM]
- Loretta Bebeau, Acrylic Painter [Meet the Exhibiting Artist – Gallery C with Artist Talk at 5:15 PM]
- Guy Schafer, Mid Minnesota Association of Woodturners [Ongoing Demonstrations – Woodturning Studio]
- Laurie Yourk and Linda Schmidt, handbuilding and art booth/sales [Ongoing demonstrations -Hand Building Studio]
- Ruth Ross Hansen and Jenny Evens, Glass Artist and Teacher [Ongoing Demonstrations and Art Booth/Sales – Glass Studio]
- Christine Condon, Pottery [Ongoing demonstrations – Pottery Studio]
- Sue Smith, Potter [Ongoing demonstrations – Pottery Studio]
- Char Lundberg, Acrylic Painter [Ongoing demonstrations – Drawing/Paint Studio -]
Lobby Gallery, Main Level (outside the historic theatre):
- The gallery is situated within the historically renovated section of the building and celebrates our historical roots in the community as a former motion picture site and hotel. In connection to the historical theatre, Kary Janousek’s work incorporates ones of the oldest forms of photography – wet plate collodion. The artist will be onsite from 4-8PM. Learn more about her creative process during any of the four demonstrations on-site beginning at 5PM in the Granite Lobby.
Gallery Saint Germain, Main Level
- This newly renovated space features almost floor to ceiling windows; visibly connecting the artist’s work to customers shopping in downtown Saint Cloud and onsite in our retail store. Kenneth E. Ferber, ceramist and potter’s show Angels, Spheres and Celestial Gears embodies his person faith story of love and loss, as they merge with the natural and intrinsic prosperities of clay. Stop by to connect with Ferber throughout the night.
Gallery C, Lower Level
- This fully accessible gallery also hosts small private and public events and workshops. It is positioned near the PCA’s art classrooms. In October, meet Loretta Bebeau, acrylic artist featuring her work centered on language, health and community. Bebeau will have an informal artist talk beginning at 5:15PM.