The Paramount and its sponsors is committed to hosting meaningful experiences that showcases student work from across Central Minnesota during the 2023 High School Juried Art Exhibition. This program was designed to complement the work of area teachers by providing students with the opportunity to visualize themselves as artists, explore ways to talk about their work, and to participate in an arts-based experience among peers.
Seventeen area high schools, located within a 35-mile radius of the Paramount Center for the Arts, are participating in the 2023 exhibition boasting more than 100 pieces of art 2D & 3D artwork created by 84 students.
Visit the Art Galleries
Virtual Gallery Link : https://airtable.com/shr2tONSx9VFMHOq4
- The onsite gallery is close. However, we will keep the virtual gallery online through May 2023.
Download a copy of the 2023 Award Winners here.
Award Winners by Category
Best in Show (Grand Prize) $500
- Grace Gratton – 12, New London Spicer
- City of 10,000 Spires
First Place (2D & 3D) $400 ea.
- Courtney Ouch – 12, Swanville High School
- Jungle Cat
- Ellie Heller – 12, Melrose High School
- Spring Flight
Second Place (2D & 3D) $300 ea.
- Yasli Jimenez Pesqueda -10, Melrose High School
- Célia Xakriabá
- Catrielle Barnett – 12, Perpich Center for Arts Education
- Breaking the Record
Third Place (2D & 3D) $200 ea.
- Bridgette Hingeveld – 12, Melrose High School
- Marley Wheeler – 12, Foley High School
- Beautiful Accidents
Fourth Place (2D & 3D) $100 ea.
- Estella Yanquoi – 9, Elk River High School
- Two of Us
- Kristen N. Allen – 12, Tech High School
- The Destruction of Pandora’s Box
Meeting the 2023 Juror Vatsalaa Jha! (PDF Download)
2023 Special Award Categories
Environmental Awareness (2D & 3D) $50 ea.
- Luke Christoffersen – 12, St. John’s Preparatory High School
- Curious Night Bird
- Max Larson – 9 , ROCORI High School
- Hidden Owl
AAUW Award Sponsor (2D & 3D) $250 ea.
- Alix Neuenfeldt – 12, Elk River High School
- Beauty and the Bleaches
- Catrielle Barnett – Perpich Center for Art Education
- Breaking the Record
Art Department Drawing $300 Framing/Art Supply Store
- Holdingford High School