This special exhibit was open to the public in June 2023 and is now available online.
Video of the Virtual Exhibition (link)
Women of the World: Our common thread is a specially curated art exhibit featuring wearable art honoring the dynamic women living in Central Minnesota that bridge cultures domestically and abroad. Born out of the recognition that our community has a vibrant and diverse population with influential women serving as both leaders and cultural navigators. This exhibition features five women whose stories are stitched together through a visual art installation infused with rich, meaningful textiles.
- Sarah Drake, Community Artist and Global Humanitarian – Minnesota
- Eunice Adjei, Resource Connector – Ghana
- Sangeeta Jha, Community Convener – India
- Adrienne Benjamin – “Amikogaabawiikwe”, Anishinaabe Artist – Mille Lacs Band
- Monica Segura – Schwartz, Immigrant – Colombia
Learn more about each of the women featured, their culture and the textiles that become their common thread (PDF downloads)!
Special Exhibition Sponsors
- Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures
- Women’s Auxiliary – St. Cloud Chapter
- StringLine Motion Picture Co.
- Macy’s Department Store, St. Cloud Minnesota