Friday from 4-8 PM August 18, 2023
The newly formed Downtown Alliance is continuing the tradition of the Downtown Council by coordinating annual art crawls – supported by business owners and volunteers. Each year, the downtown comes alive with additional opportunities to connect to local and regional artists interested in selling their work and sharing their creation stories during these special events.
As one of the largest dedicated gallery spaces in the area, the Paramount features the work of Minnesota artists throughout the year by hosting one and two month exhibitions (learn more about upcoming shows here). During the art crawls, we support exhibition artists and those that teach classes for both youth and adult learners throughout the year; in our fully equipped visual arts classrooms (lower level).
Here is what to expect!
Did we mention it is a big celebration centered around the arts; where the community is invited to visit business owners, meet with artists, and connect with neighbors, family and friends. You may see demonstrations, hear music, visit with exhibitors, browse work available for purchase and much more.
At the Paramount: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Patricia Hartwell, Acrylic Artist: Exhibit in the Historic Lobby titled, “A Closer Look” (prints available at her booth).
- Lindsay Kelly, Acrylic Artist: Exhibit in the Gallery Saint Germain titled, “RAW” (prints available of her work). Sponsored by National Alliance on Mental Illness – St. Cloud Area.
- Central MN Watercolorists (CMW) from Anita Hendrickx, Kerry Kupferschmidt and Paula Tift [demonstration and booth sales, in the Granite Lobby]
- Laurie Yourk and Linda Schmidt [demonstrating hand building and booth, in the Granite Lobby]
- Mid Minnesota Association of Woodturners [demonstration outside]
- Ruth Ross Hansen, Fused Glass Artist and Teacher [demonstrations and booth inside the Granite Lobby] –
- Nash Foster Phoenix, musical performance [Inside the Marquee Lobby from 5:30 -7:00 PM only].
NOTE: Wacosa will be filming onsite from 4-5PM to capture the Art Crawl experience.
Historic Lobby, Main Level:
- The gallery is situated within the historically renovated section of the building and celebrates our historical roots in the community as a former motion picture site and hotel.
Gallery Saint Germain, Main Level
- This newly renovated space features almost floor to ceiling windows; visibly connecting the artist’s work to customers shopping in downtown Saint Cloud and onsite in our retail store
Gallery C, Lower Level (will not be open during the 2023 art crawls – stop by during the week to see the space).
- This fully accessible gallery also hosts small private and public events and workshops. It is positioned near the PCA’s art classrooms and often shares key stories about the Paramount through historic photos and items found in our archives.