Our goal is to support the arts and cultural opportunities of the region by creating a fun, welcoming, and meaningful social group interested in experiencing visual art (paintings, sculpture, photography, fiber, wood, pottery, drawing, etc.), while supporting local artists and arts organizations. If attending art receptions, freely strolling through gallery exhibitions/shows, connecting to locally sponsored art crawls, and engaging in art studio tours sounds fun – The Gallery Group is for you!
Our ideal audience is curious, creative, and interested in meeting other like-minded people looking to step into the world of art. Each gallery “visit” will include tips about art, meaningful engagement activities, and encourage building relationships centered around mutual interests in the arts.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Let us know if you would like to participate in our new group by completing a quick, simple form online (print copies available as well).
• Beginning in October 2022, you will receive an invitation to “visit” the Paramount Center for the Art galleries in St. Cloud, MN.
• We will also include information about other notable gallery shows that month.
• The group will gather in the gallery for 30 minutes; with added time to freely explore the art and mingle afterwards. It’s why you joined after all!
• Of course, you will be able to customize your experiences by attending as many or as few “visits” your interest’s and busy life allows.
• Track your participation by checking in during your visit(s) to be eligible for giveaways, gifts, and art swag.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A GALLERY VISIT
• Meet today’s most prolific creators of visual art in our region.
• Experience the largest collections of art on display in Central Minnesota.
• Casually enhance your knowledge of art terms and understanding of creative techniques.
• Spend time with like-minded individuals interested in art displayed in a variety of formats.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
• Membership in the group is free and open to anyone interested in connecting to monthly opportunities designed to explore art.
• Youth are always welcomed on site in the galleries. However, the content for this group will be designed with a more mature audience in mind.
• Activities during “visits” will be mindful of both introverted and extroverted preferences.
Note: This is a new group launching in the fall of 2022. We anticipate starting small and growing throughout the first 6 months. Afterwards, we will regroup and see where our art life takes us.
Group Contact: Michelle Kiley, Curator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-257-3129)