Sharing the power of the arts to build community, inspire innovation, and explore human potential.
Who we are:
The Paramount Center for the Arts Community Outreach Department supports the mission of the Paramount by enhancing and expanding arts opportunities in
Central Minnesota beyond the walls of the theater and visual arts center. As one of four departments at the Paramount, Community Outreach includes a
Director who works with other staff to see that the arts are available in the community to foster artistic literacy and to explore central human themes that
will deepen understanding, foster curiosity, expand perspective and build relationships.
What we do:
Community Outreach works to identify and address a wide variety of needs in artful and compelling ways. We work to assure access to the arts in meaningful
and creative ways for those that may not otherwise have an opportunity. The program is expanding to add educational value for focused audiences as part
of the residencies touring performing artists, in residence at the Paramount. Grant support from various foundations has allowed the Center to train local
artists and provide quality experiences to schools and service organizations. Programs are designed to be accessible for anyone interested in participating,
regardless of age, ethnicity, physical ability, or means. The arts belong to all.
- Teaching artist residencies in all arts disciplines: visual arts, musicians, dancers, writers, poets, sculptors, and photographers in area schools, agencies, and at the Paramount
- Educational workshops, to enhance the residence of performance artists performing at the Paramount
- Arts program development through granting organizations
- Onsite technical services to maintain theatrical equipment
- 55+ art residencies in clay, movement, and choirs in senior residences
- Specialized movement courses for students with ASD (autism)
- Produce “Arts Camp for Educators” workshops, a summer program offering curriculum renewal for teachers.
- Host youth from Salvation Army to explore a week in the art studio
- Performance education engagement with Paramount presents performing artists
If you are an artist who loves to share your skills, come see us. We are interested in learning about you and your capabilities and interests.
Call Solveig Anderson 320-259-6563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to explore the possibilities.