The Paramount Center for the Arts is excited to announce that we will be presenting the Paramount Juried High School Art Exhibition in March of 2020.
This is a great opportunity for our area high school students to enter a juried art exhibition focused on the art of their peers. There will be a closing reception on April 3rd, 2020 from 5:30pm – 8:30pm where awards will be announced for the following:
- Best in Show Awarded $500
- 1st Place 2D and 3D Awarded $400 each
- 2nd Place 2D and 3D Awarded $300 each
- 3rd Place 2D and 3D Awarded $200 each
- 4th Place 2D and 3D Awarded $100 each
- Honorable Mention 2D and 3D Awarded $50 each
High school artists and their teachers will collaboratively determine, up to a maximum of five pieces per school, which work should be submitted to this competitive exhibition.
All artwork submitted will be part of the exhibition in our Paramount Theatre Lobby and Gallery St. Germain.
- Name of the Student
- Grade Level
- Artwork Title
- Artwork Medium
- Artwork Price or NFS (Not For Sale)
- Artwork Description (What was the inspiration for the artwork? What was the process used to create it? Why do you create art?)
- Image of Artwork (file must be labeled with student’s last name and title of the artwork in .jpeg format)
All 2D artwork must be display-ready; framed and ready to be hung with a wire backing.
Please submit your entries for your students to the link below no later than 5pm on Friday, February 14th, 2020.
ARTWORK DROP-OFF: Monday, February 17th – Friday, February 21st 10am-7pm and Saturday, February 22nd 10am-2pm
EXHIBITION PERIOD: March 2nd – April 3rd, 2020
CLOSING RECEPTION: April 3rd 5:30-8:30pm, 2020 with awards presentation at 6:45pm in the Paramount Theatre
* Artwork receiving an award should remain at the Paramount for an extended exhibition period showcasing the winners and will also travel as an exhibit to the River’s Edge Convention Center and the St. Cloud Library. Awarded artwork should then be picked up at the Paramount on May 29th, 2020.
*Artwork not receiving an award should be taken home after the awards ceremony.