Pastel Pencil Pet Portraits
with Suzann Beck
Saturday November 6, 9am-4pm (1 session)
We’ll be drawing a pet’s head and neck, so please bring a photo of your pet that shows these clearly. If possible, please enlarge the photo so it’s easier to work from. Look for a photo that is sharp and clear and shows light and shadow on your pet well.
Also, please bring the following:
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes.
- Soft Vine Charcoal and a small brush with fairly stiff bristles.
- A kneaded eraser and a hard white eraser.
- Economical Sketching Paper (I recommend Strathmore sketching paper or similar, at least 14” x 18” notepad or similar to protect your drawing).
- A large piece of tracing paper roughly 4 inches larger than the size you want your final drawing to be.
- A large sheet of tinted Strathmore Charcoal paper or similar for your final drawings. Light gray or tan to medium gray or tan. Make sure the surface of the paper is fairly smooth and not “felted”.
- Masking tape or clips to secure your paper.
- A large drawing board, if possible.
- Pencil Sharpener that creates a fine tip on your pencils.
- Please bring an assortment of Pastel pencils.
Brands I use are Koh-I-Noor Gioconda, Faber Castell Pitt Pastel, Stabilo CarbOthello.Please bring light, medium, and dark values in the following colors. Feel free to bring any other colors you might have, or if you have hard or soft pastels, feel free to bring those as well. – Black/Grays/White are a must!
Dark and Med Green
If you have questions, please contact Suzann Beck by email, Suzann_Beck@email.com
or call 763.536.8055 or cell 612.619.4010.